Licence to Operate a Forklift
This Unit of Competency covers the functions required to prepare and Operate a Forklift to meet minimum training and assessment standards for the purposes of certification.
- Must be minimum 18 years of age and photo I.D. that includes name, signature and date of birth.
- Must be Australian Driver’s Licence or
- Valid Passport
Units of Competencies
Both the High Risk National Licence and Mining Competency is available for this machine
- TLILIC2001A – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
- RIIHAN201D – Operate a Forklift
This unit involves:
- Planning the work for the prevailing working conditions
- Using the controls and operating systems to manage the operation of the equipment
- Locating the load and identifying the load characteristics
- Safely moving the load
- Monitoring the controls
- Stopping, shutting down and securing the equipment after the completion of operations
The following course framework has been developed in conjunction with the new assessment standards governed by WH&SQ.
Formal Training conducted by LD Training for both theory and practical
- Duration 3 days
- Dependent upon skill level, course options available
- Confirmation by RTO that they are ready for assessment
- Notification to WH&SQ of assessment (min. 6 working days)
- Assessment conducted by one of our accredited WH&SQ assessors
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Workplace Health & Safety Licence (after your application has been processed by WH&SQ or in the case of a Black Coal mining qualification, a Statement of Attainment that is a nationally recognised competency for this machine.
For next available training dates click on our Course Calender.